Saturday, November 5, 2011

RCCI-Playing with the kids

This time at RCCI we were playing small games with the children. Here we did clapping games. Communicating with these types of children is a challenge, excluding the language barrier, there is also a barrier for the children as they aren't able to communicate properly. Therefore we had to talk loudly and clearly. This is a skill that I developed. We also had to make sure that the activities that were conducted were ethical because of their disabilities. Therefore when we were passing the ball we had to make sure that it was not too hard. The students understood what I said, even-though this took a lot of practice I was able to overcome this difficulty. So I was able to improve in this.This is because I as aware of the areas that I need to improve in. RCCI is a new Service that I did because I was really interested in working with such children. At first even if i was scared, i was a risk taker and was able to overcome this fear and play with the children happily. 



No comments:

Post a Comment